The National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) is a coach training and certification program for all coaches in more than 60 sports. The NCCP has moved towards a competency-based approach where coaches are:
- trained in NCCP outcomes relevant to the participants they are coaching
(recreational participants to National level athletes);
- evaluated by demonstrating coaching outcomes to a specified standard.
To learn more about the NCCP, visit the Coaching Association of Canada web site and refer to the Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined Canada NCCP Operations Manual.
Ski Jumping Canada and Nordic Combined Canada have defined a participant and a coach development model as well as 1 pathway in order to clarify how one goes about becoming a certified coach, and to demonstrate the overall vision of the federation for its coaches and participants in the years to come.
- Participant and Coach Development model Ski Jumping/Nordic Combined (PDF)
Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
- Ski Jumping Long Term Athlete Development Model (PDF)
Competition Development Certification
Intended for coaches who want to enhance their repertoire of Ski jumping/Nordic combined skills and possibly enter their athletes into competition, Coaches will learn in-depth planning, supporting and improving athlete competition skills, and a detailed overview of the rules governing Ski jumping/Nordic combined competitive settings.
It is also for senior level coaches working with Provincial and National Team athletes, this mix of multisport and Ski jumping/Nordic combined specific modules will provide well-rounded training for developing competitive athletes. Participants will learn to manage a competitive sport program, effectively deal with sport psychology and ethical issues, as well as learn to analyze and evaluate skill and performance.
For upcoming workshops, please contact Jason Sjostrom, Director, Coaching Program.
- Competition Development Coach Pathway Ski Jumping(PDF)
- Competition Development Coach Pathway Nordic Combined (PDF)
- Competition Development Coach Portfolio to submit for evaluation (PDF)
- Competition Development Evaluator Guide (PDF)
Interested in training coaches to become experts in coaching? Become a Coach Developer! See information on Coach Developer Training and contact your Provincial Organization or Jason Sjostrom to submit your application.